We represent clients in commercial disputes within a wide range of industries and areas of activity, with an emphasis on the firm’s specialist areas of M&A, commercial contracts as well as real estate law, including construction, leases and infrastructure.
The Born team embodies many years of in-depth experience from representing clients in complex disputes, but also from serving as judge on the Court of Appeal and as corporate counsel. We believe that this enhances our understanding of a dispute, including from the client’s perspective.
Our involvement covers all aspects and phases of a dispute, which may initially include risk assessment and analysis, gathering of evidence, interim measures and negotiations between the parties. If the dispute cannot be solved during these early stages, we vigorously represent the client in arbitration or in court proceedings with the aim of achieving the best possible commercial outcome for the client.
- Dispute assessment/risk analysis
- Evidence gathering and interim security measures/injunctive relief
- Negotiation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Arbitration under institutional frameworks such as SCC, ICC, LCIA, FIFA or ad hoc proceedings
- Litigation in general and administrative courts at all levels
- Third-party funding